Nov 18, 2016

Ashraful: A mountain of hope - a pile of ash

"Against Australia in Cardiff in 2005, when I was padding up in the pavilion, Shahriar Nafees overheard me mumbling to myself. I was saying I had played 50 ODIs but I still hadn't done anything of note. I just averaged 17. He told me that I should think of this as a new start to my career.

"After scoring a hundred and winning the match, I realised it takes just three hours for a man's life to change. I was a zero, like a beggar, but now people wanted to take photos with me, take my autograph, shake my hands. Everyone was so proud of me. That was the best series of my career."


Reference

No comments:

Carlo Cipolla's Laws of Stupidity

    "By creating a graph of Cipolla's two factors, we obtain four groups of people. Helpless people contribute to society but are...